Building on Windows from scratch, enable-python and some install-impl.sh vs custom.sh suggestions

Wm Tarr wm.tarr at gmail.com
Thu May 29 13:11:20 EDT 2014

On 15/05/2014 23:16, Wm Tarr wrote:

> My compile with enable-python is clean but the resulting .exe doesn't
> work, or rather, it doesn't work for long.
>
> trace logs are like this
> ===
> * 21:34:24  INFO <gnc.gui> [main] System locale returned
> English_United Kingdom.1252
> * 21:34:24  INFO <gnc.gui> [main] Effective locale set to
> English_United Kingdom.1252.
> * 21:34:32  INFO <gnc.engine> [gnc_hook_lookup] no hook lists
> ===
> that is all of it

I've got gdb working and it is simply saying "No stack" when built with
python.

Time passes.

I can build Gnome / libxml2 with 2 types of python

ditto

Ktoblzcheck
libgsf
libxslt

My builds with python for all of the above but *not* including
--enable-python for the actual gnucash build work.

That suggests to me I have the python part right.

Can anyone give me a clue as to what to look for next?

I think I've done my homework, I'm now asking for help.

--
Wm