Would like to convert provider_list to std::list

Aaron Laws dartme18 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 10:12:44 EST 2014

On Thu, Nov 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Chenxiong Qi <qcxhome at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to convert provider_list in qofsession.cpp to std::list.
> Make a small change (step) to C++. What do you say? :)

Is this your first forray into contributing to gnucash (C or C++)? I think
the hope is that qofsession will become 'class QofSessionImpl' or something
like that, but I don't know that part of the code yet. It is probably a
useful exercise for yourself to go ahead and do what you propose even if
you're not interested in going "whole-hog" yet. I wouldn't hold your breath
that this would be accepted, though (I don't do the accepting, by the way),
because a global std::list may not be seen as an improvement in itself ^_^ .

You asked "What do you say?", and this is what I say. Do keep in mind that
I don't make any decisions like this for GnuCash development :-)

In Christ,
Aaron Laws