Version 2.6.4

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 01:35:17 EST 2014

Thu, 20 Nov 2014 16:23:38
<9A4E0683-21E6-4E34-AC60-90F5CD414DB1 at ceridwen.us>  John Ralls
<jralls at ceridwen.us>

>On Nov 20, 2014, at 4:01 PM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> I would like to start by saying that I remain in awe of the ongoing
>>development effort put forth by the team and community with this
>>software. It really is amazing.
>>
>> I am not a developer, and am unable to contribute to the programming
>>cause. However, the problems with the 2.6.4 release (especially under
>>Windows) has led to the unfortunate situation that many users are
>>being advised NOT to install the latest version of GnuCash.
>>
>> While this was a reasonable solution in the short term, the problems
>>seem to have gotten drawn out.
>>
>> Given that circumstance, is there any way to send out a "2.6.5" that
>>materially contains the last working version of GnuCash (i.e. 2.6.3)?
>>I think it would alleviate a lot of confusion for users.
>
>David,
>
>Your concerns are valid, but the Windows problems aren’t with GnuCash
>code. The short version is that we broke the Windows build system and
>can’t at the moment create a working Windows GnuCash to distribute,
>regardless of the GnuCash version.

... and 2.6.4-2 isn't broken for everyone, it is in alternate daily use
here on WinXP SP3.   e.g. I might use 2.6.3 Portable for a report I've
already set up and 2.6.4-2 if I'm trying out a new one.  Because of the
way PortableApps store settings the two versions happily co-exist and
use the same data, though not at the same time, obviously.

--
Wm...