bypassing finance::quote

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Oct 3 11:40:28 EDT 2014

Hi,

Rafael Lima <ragpl07 at gmail.com> writes:

[snip]
> So, i develop a java program to do it, create a new source quote
> module that just call my java code and put it on the library and
> everything works fine.

Is there any reason you didn't implement it as a PERL module behind
F::Q?  Then it would *just work*.

> But i hate this situation, i've installed a perl interpreter just for
> use this library what doesn't have any function to my [is just a link]
>

> So i looked the code, looking for a hook for try insert my java code,
> but how im new at this code and not so expert cpp develop i would like
> some help:
>
> 1- i found the place where is called the function to check if
> finance::quote is installed... but i couldn't understand how it works
> LINE 19071 of swig-engine.c [pasted here
> http://paste.ofcode.org/38qxqQvM6aGFD3vxaQ2ekHK]
>
> seams that he is looking for something in a directory but what is
> exactally? i tried to reproduce the finance::quote directory
> estructure in my system and didn't work [maybe i forgot some file]

You would need to duplicate this functionality to convince GnuCash that
F::Q exists.

> 2-i found where the finance::quote code is called but i didn't
> understand the use of scm objects,
> LINE 290 of dialog-price-edit-db.c
> http://paste.ofcode.org/vwcWBUmDVMqM9VWdUdi5JE
>
> I realize that is a system call and hopefully there are some
> enviroiment  variables envolved [so i could change its value and call
> my own code =D] but i cant deep understand the code, can anyone help
> me?

You will need to replicate the F::Q interface to GnuCash (see
gnc-fq-helper) and have that call into your program instead of F::Q.