New GnuCash Release, 2.6.4

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Oct 6 14:47:20 EDT 2014

On Oct 6, 2014, at 10:55 AM, Benno Schulenberg <coordinator at translationproject.org> wrote:

> Hello John,
>
>> [...] Maybe Valdis will remember whether Rihards even asked to take his
>> translation and move it into the TP, but this certainly doesn’t fall
>> into the category of “usually come through the TP”. Yes, it should be
>> marked external.
>
> Okay, done.  Thanks for the explanation.
>
> One other thing.  The PO file for Farsi (fa.po) has a much more recent
> revision date at the TP than in the 2.6.4 tarball.  Could you pull the
> one from the TP into your version control system?  Or am I overlooking
> something?

Benno,

The thread concerning the Farsi translation begins at http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2013-August/036007.html and continues at http://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-devel/2013-August/036021.html

Executive summary: There were unresolved issues with the TP translation so we reverted the commit.

It looks from the file that’s on TP that the two translators did get together, because it’s newer and has several of the strings that Mehdi Alidoost reported missing in the August version, so I’ll take it that they did resolve it and no-one here noticed.

I’ll pull that in now.

Regards,
John Ralls