Book-currency feature and cost accounting

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Mon Oct 13 13:04:35 EDT 2014

John,

On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 4:54 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

> OK. That brings up something else for your “to-do” list: Only FIFO is
> implemented. Technichal nit, it’s a “pricing” policy, not a “costing” one.

Yes, I will use FIFO first then planned to add other policy options
afterwards. I would be using them to calculate costs to determine gain/loss.

> BTW, I was a bit slow to notice this: Your subject says “cost
> accounting”, but that’s a different animal altogether:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cost_accounting . Not at all what you’re
> talking about here.

Yes, I know what cost accounting is in a manufacturing or distribution
sense. I was using the term loosely, in the context of foreign currercies
for: "accounting for the cost of foreign currencies in order to calculate
gain/losses on dispositions". The work would also apply to
commodities/securities, though.

> Regards,
> John Ralls

Regards,