Book-currency feature and cost accounting

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 20 12:19:44 EDT 2014

Hi,

Wm <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk> writes:

> Sun, 19 Oct 2014 09:28:22 <nUjcIrbmY3QUFwee at tarrcity.demon.co.uk>  Wm
> <wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk>
>
>> Mon, 13 Oct 2014 10:04:35
>> <CACm7B=1hWDGmuLeEKxESo+DLMQO229M5sPxznDD79AJH8ExrqA at mail.gmail.com>
>> Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com>
>>
>>[cost accounting]
>>
>>I was using the term loosely, in the context of foreign currercies
>> for: "accounting for the cost of foreign currencies in order to
>> calculate
>>gain/losses on dispositions". The work would also apply to
>>commodities/securities, though.
>>
>> Re-reading your post at the top of this thread what is it that would
>> be achieved by what you propose ?  <-- open question
>>
>> If the gnc user has Trading accounts ON don't they have all the
>> transactional information available to them to report on ? <-- is
>> there something missing from what is recorded
>>
>> I'm wondering if this isn't so much a new feature so much as a
>> report that wants to be written ? <-- did you try to write a report
>> and gave up
>

> if you insist on moderating my postings please do *NOT* change what I
> actually said by fucking the quoting up, jeez!

I'm not sure what you mean here.  This post wasn't moderated.  Indeed,
looking at the mail headers it looks like once the mail was actually
sent to the gnucash mail list server it was processed in under 6
minutes.

What quoting change do you feel happened, and are you sure it wasn't
made by your own MUA?