Exporting GnuCash Log from GnuCash Android

Ngewi Fet ngewif at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 11:37:28 EDT 2014

Hello everyone,
At the moment, there is no easy/compatible way to import from GnuCash
Android into GnuCash desktop. GnuCash Android supports both QIF and OFX,
but each of them have their own issues.
OFX does not support double-entry, QIF does not support multi-currencies
etc etc.

At the moment, we have it under consideration to implement exporting in the
GnuCash log format so that it can be replayed on the desktop. This would
resolve most of the issues with importing.

I just want to ask if there are any pitfalls or known limitations to this
approach which we may be missing. Thanks.

Looking forward to your feedback.
Cheers,

Ngewi