Doxygen - is there a status?

Carsten Rinke carsten.rinke at gmx.de
Tue Sep 2 11:10:00 EDT 2014

Hi,

Lately I was working on a bug (which I did not manage yet to fix).
During the investigations I noticed that I am still running around like
a blind chicken when starting out with a new bug.
And the reason is simple: Even though I have worked and programmed quite
a bit for GnuCash already, I still don't understand the architecture of it.

So I decided to try a top down approach instead of the buttom up in
order to learn a bit more about the 'big picture'.
And that is how I (once again) came across Doxygen.

While my first Doxygen attempts as a reader where ending up in confusion
and even more questions, I think I have now understood the idea. Still
my impression is that some high level and introducing paragraphs might
be helpful.
Currently it tells you more on how to make use of it as an author than
to actually use it as a reader.

I could start looking into ways how to improve it - but that implies
that stuff that I have in mind is really an improvement.

Therefore my first careful question:
What is the current status? Is there active work ongoing? Is it in
general agreed that additinional (even basic) work is needed in this
area? Or is everything (i.e. also conceptionally) in place as it should?

Kind regards,
Carsten