Doxygen - is there a status?

Carsten Rinke carsten.rinke at gmx.de
Wed Sep 3 04:57:40 EDT 2014

Hi all,

thanks for the quick reply.

@Christian:

I have plenty.

Big ones like "how does qof work?" and small ones like "what does xacc
actually stand for?".
Geert's hint in one of the bugzilla replies to maybe consider listening
to signals in an area that appears to me totally unrelated made me aware
that I still do not know GnuCash at all.
By accident I found the project.html file which is also quite an eye
opener, too.

BTW: I took a look at the Wiki C API page. There is also good stuff in it.
Note that the link to the entity relationship diagram returns 404 and
offers me a log in. Is that correct?

My first proposal would be to try to get Doxygen into something more
like book style - meaning leading the unaware reader to a starting point
and offer a reading thread. No idea if that is possible, but I think it
would help.

I also wonder in how far requirements can be documented with Doxygen.

But the first question is:
How am I going to do this formally?
Should I open an Enhancement Bug and feed it with patches as I go along?
Or should I iteratively attach whole tar archives with the Doxygen html
result as I would propose it for review?

Regs,
Carsten