Design Docu - Archtitecture

Carsten Rinke carsten.rinke at gmx.de
Sun Sep 28 12:58:10 EDT 2014

Hi John and Christian,

Thanks for the feedback. Happy to see that you read and even edit the page.

-> Also, controllers are the code that interacts with the model to change data. It need not be GUI: E.g., importers are controllers.

Glad to hear this. I was guessing so, but did not dare ...

I have removed the engine part and if I get the message right this
section should actually go back to the goals chapter as it hasn't really
been followed up so far.
It also means that I would like to drop this topic because I would
rather like to document "what has been done until now" instead of "what
should have been done".

-> the current implementation is a mess with pieces of each component intermingled and spread throughout the code-base

Well, that might be the true, but I prefer not to put it like that in a
"what has been done until now" docu :-)

Maybe we can go bottom up.

What data objects are there that would be part of the Model if the MVC
had been adhered to?
Or is this all capsuled by QOF? Could we say QOF is the Model?

Kind regards,
Carsten