GnuCash 2.6.4 in Debian

Sébastien Villemot sebastien at debian.org
Sun Sep 28 15:30:47 EDT 2014

Le dimanche 28 septembre 2014 à 12:21 -0700, John Ralls a écrit :
> On Sep 28, 2014, at 10:29 AM, Sébastien Villemot <sebastien at debian.org> wrote:

> >> The release has not yet officially happened, it’s waiting on the Windows and Mac builds. Tagging the release and staging the tarballs has to happen the night before the release to set up for those builds. If you’ve already released the tarballs to Debian please pull them until after the announcement hits the lists. It’s quite possible that a problem with either of those builds will cause me to make changes to the tarballs which would make your Debian package mismatch the official release.
> >
> > It is too late for this release, but I'll wait for the official
> > announcement for the next releases.
> >
> > However I think that you should not publish on SourceForge source
> > tarballs that are not considered as final releases. This is very
> > confusing, and can lead to all sorts of misunderstandings and problems
> > (as happened to me). Either use a different numbering scheme (like
> > release candidates with a -rcN suffix), or keep them private.
>
> It’s only confusing because you jumped the gun and grabbed the tarballs before I announced the release. But I just experimented with the “staging” feature which lets me hide directories (you shouldn’t be able to see 2.6.4 in the list, though you can still get at it if you type it into the URL bar). I’ll use that from now on.

Well, it's confusing because the unreleased tarball is at the exact same
place and with the exact same filename than the final tarball! And I
have a script that automatically checks for new tarballs at that place
(as do most packages in Debian and other distributions).

Anyway, thanks for considering to use a private directory from now on.
That should fix the issue.

For the 2.6.4 case, please let me know if you modify the source tarball.
In that case, I will reupload the new tarball in Debian (with a slight
modification of the Debian version number, something like 2.6.4+final).

--
 .''`.    Sébastien Villemot
: :' :    Debian Developer