GnuCash Android v1.6.0 pre-beta

Ngewi Fet ngewif at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 11:46:28 EDT 2015

> I was able to open a copy of my regular desktop XML file with the
> Android Play store release of Gnucash for Android before installing the
> pre-beta.  It looks like all the accounts are there, but so far I have
> not imported any transactions.  I found the tool to convert a regular
> transaction into a scheduled transaction, but I have not tried it yet.
> If transactions were supposed to come along with the accounts, they did
> not.  I will try to make a small test file to see if size is a factor.

If the transactions did not get imported then that is a big issue that
should not happen. The whole import should fail. The size of the file
should not be a problem either (unless if your file is gigabytes big!)

Please make sure it is the XML file from having GnuCash desktop save
everything as XML (File -> Save as...)  and *not* the one from
"File->Export accounts" (which contains only accounts).
I'm not assuming that you didn't do this, just trying to troubleshoot.

Regards,
Ngewi