gnucash master: Multiple changes pushed

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Sun Aug 9 18:51:42 EDT 2015

--On August 9, 2015 at 10:36:52 AM +0100 John Ralls
<jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:

>> On Aug 8, 2015, at 5:00 PM, gnucash-patches-request at gnucash.org
>> wrote: commit 1e16ba6c14ccec6222a8fe798e7824285fd49cac
>> Author: Mike Alexander <mta at umich.edu>
>> Date:   Fri Aug 7 19:43:12 2015 -0400
>>
>>    Quote the date returned by get_quote_time so Scheme can read it.
>>
>> commit 655c04bd68d984272d8593ebbcff10f3dbaac93b
>> Author: Mike Alexander <mta at umich.edu>
>> Date:   Thu Aug 6 17:43:57 2015 -0400
>>
>>    Avoid passing invalid arguments to functions to get rid of some
>>    non-fatal asserts.
>>

> Mike,
>
> The first one and possibly the second should have been made in maint
> and then merged to master.
> http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Git#Branching_and_Merging. Just because
> there’s no bug report doesn’t mean it isn’t a bug!
>
> Oddly, I did fix the first last Sunday and it sure looks like I
> pushed it (20242c5 Put the quotes back around the date string in
> gnc-fq-helper.). I just pulled a fresh clone from Code and it’s
> there, but it doesn’t show up in Github and didn’t get pulled in
> to Geert’s merge — which might have happened because Geert pulls
> from Github and only pushes to Code.

You're right, I apologize.  For the first one I thought your change
d2798b8c was only on master, but I see that it was also on maint.  For
the second one, I just forgot.  They were just little changes I found
in passing while looking for other problems and I didn't really think
about where to put them.  I'll try to do better in the future.

I just tried to fix this, but I think there is something wrong with the
remote repositories.  The GitHub and Code repositories seem to be out
of synch.  If I pull maint from GitHub and then try to push a change to
Code, Git tells me I'm out of date and need to do a pull.  I'm set up
to pull from GitHub and push to Code, and they seem to be out of synch.
This is probably why your change 20242c5 isn't on GitHub.  I could pull
from Code and push there, but I'm afraid I'll just make things worse.
If someone fixes the Git confusion, I'll fix my mistakes.

           Mike