Rounding in the price db.

Herbert Thoma herbert.thoma at iis.fraunhofer.de
Thu Aug 13 07:44:29 EDT 2015

Am 13.08.2015 um 12:52 schrieb John Ralls:
> Sigh. src/app-utils/gnc-euro.[ch]. Not only hard coded but not in engine where it obviously belongs. Yes, obviously it should be redone as a datafile; I can’t imagine why those currencies aren’t part of iso-4217-currencies.xml with a tag indicating their absorption with a date — and for future umm, disturbances, a de-absorption date. Whether that’s loaded or compiled probably makes no difference since we have no good way of distributing updates between releases. Regardless, it would give us a nice platform on which to expand for pegged currencies.

Yes, it's all my fault ... ;-)

I did this back in 1999 or 2000, when the EUR was introduced (as book money, not as cash. that was 2002).
There was an euro conversion wizard/druid/whatever by Christian Stimming that was in app-utils (or
may be gnome-utils) and so it ended up there. BTW, I am not sure if something like the price db even
existed back then ... For sure we did not have iso currencies back then but currency was an arbitrary
string. That's why multiple codes exist for some currencies.

I agree that having these fixed exchange rates in the price db would be much better. Unfortunately,
I can not commit to work on this now.

  Herbert.