Make fails

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Thu Dec 3 22:45:27 EST 2015

> On Dec 3, 2015, at 4:22 PM, Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> Your last commit fixed the failure related to test-xml-pricedb. So make worked and make check almost worked. At the end I go the following, 3 odd failures:
>
> PASS: test-load-module
> echo '/home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean-build/gnc-guile --debug -l /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean/src/report/report-system/test/test-collectors.scm -c "(exit (run-test))"' > test-collectors
> chmod a+x test-collectors
> FAIL: test-collectors
> echo '/home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean-build/gnc-guile --debug -l /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean/src/report/report-system/test/test-list-extras.scm -c "(exit (run-test))"' > test-list-extras
> chmod a+x test-list-extras
> FAIL: test-list-extras
> echo '/home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean-build/gnc-guile --debug -l /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean/src/report/report-system/test/test-test-extras.scm -c "(exit (run-test))"' > test-test-extras
> chmod a+x test-test-extras
> FAIL: test-test-extras
> Testsuite summary for GnuCash 2.6.99
> # TOTAL: 5
> # PASS:  2
> # SKIP:  0
> # XFAIL: 0
> # FAIL:  3
> # XPASS: 0
> # ERROR: 0
> See src/report/report-system/test/test-suite.log
> Please report to gnucash-devel at gnucash.org <mailto:gnucash-devel at gnucash.org>
> Makefile:882: recipe for target 'test-suite.log' failed
> make[6]: *** [test-suite.log] Error 1
> make[6]: Leaving directory '/home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean-build/src/report/report-system/test'
>
> src/report/report-system/test/test-suite.log shows:
>

> FAIL: test-collectors
> =====================
>
> /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean-build/gnc-guile: symbol lookup error: /opt/gnucash-git/gnucash-clean/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-backend-xml.so: undefined symbol: gnc_address_xml_initialize
> FAIL test-collectors (exit status: 127)
>
> FAIL: test-list-extras
> ======================
>
> /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean-build/gnc-guile: symbol lookup error: /opt/gnucash-git/gnucash-clean/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-backend-xml.so: undefined symbol: gnc_address_xml_initialize
> FAIL test-list-extras (exit status: 127)
>
> FAIL: test-test-extras
>
> /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean-build/gnc-guile: symbol lookup error: /opt/gnucash-git/gnucash-clean/lib/gnucash/libgncmod-backend-xml.so: undefined symbol: gnc_address_xml_initialize
> FAIL test-test-extras (exit status: 127)

> [...]

Alex,

I’ve noticed make check failures before when GC is installed, but I’ve always just assigned it to libtool and run make uninstall to force libtool to look in the right place. I think that it’s always an ltdl_opened module, so perhaps setting LTDL_LIBRARY_PATH in TEST_ENVIRONMENT would solve the problem.

Regards,
John Ralls