Travis build broken with commit 8d904c1209d3973f5f2bbf948c0c88c436dbdebc

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Fri Dec 18 16:54:19 EST 2015

> On Dec 18, 2015, at 9:53 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> That's "Correct detection of marker commodity splits."
>
> It's more likely though it's the commit right before it that breaks the
> travis test run:
>
> Use @SHELL@ instead of hardcode /bin/sh in test shell scripts.
>
> FYI the log of the test run is here:
> https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/97579062/log.txt
>
> That's the raw version because the interactive version was just too large
> and froze my firefox.

Man, that’s noisy.

Anyway, the cause is most likely  9f3d6f, Bug 759224 - illegal dates in stock transactions cause corrupt file, which removes the dependency on strptime and switches to using gnc_iso8601_to_timespec_gmt. These errors show up in the middle of the test log:
make[6]: Entering directory `/home/travis/build/Gnucash/gnucash/src/backend/xml/test'
FAILURE timespec_secs test-date-converting.c:67 not equal ints are 1804289383 and 8362594656000
…

I tried on my Debian VM and the tests failed by crashing rather than returning the wrong result. I fixed it by making the same changes I’d made to master, disabling creating nanoseconds in test-engine-stuff.c and trying to parse them in sixtp-utils.c, and that corrected the make check failure on Debian. It also seems to have fixed it on Travis.

Regards,
John Ralls