GnuCash 2.6.5 start problem under win7

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Feb 8 17:42:18 EST 2015

> On Feb 8, 2015, at 9:50 AM, Cristian Marchi <cri79 at libero.it> wrote:
>
> I've an Italian user reporting that GnuCash 2.6.5 doesn't start under win7 showing a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library error. I attach a tracefile. Can someone please help me find out what is not working?

There’s no indication of a missing msvcrt.dll in the trace file, it’s all clipboard errors, which it seems unlikely that he could have gotten to without msvcrt.dll being present.

We need a much more detailed description of what’s actually failing along with exactly the version of Win7 (home, pro, enterprise, etc.). If he’s getting a missing library popup get him to provide a screenshot.

Regards,
John Ralls