Report wrapper to call python scripts?

Sébastien de Menten sdementen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 17:52:17 EST 2015

Hello John,

I went to explore a bit this path to see its feasibility.

I came with a concrete example of the idea with this single exe (
https://github.com/sdementen/piecash/blob/master/piecash_interpreter/piecash_interpreter.exe?raw=true)
generated by pyinstaller that takes as argument a python file (and any
extra argument) and run it through python 2.7.

In this example exe, the piecash module is included so that the
piecash_ledger script (
https://github.com/sdementen/piecash/blob/master/piecash_interpreter/piecash_interpreter.exe?raw=true)
can be run with:

piecash_interpreter.exe piecash_ledger.py mybook.gnucash

Could this be also an option for the official python bindings to ease their
installation on windows (and maybe OS X but I have not OS X machine...) ?
And as possible interface with gnucash and the official python bindings (or
any other bindgins/python executable like piecash ;-) )

sebastien