xmllint error

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Jan 28 20:15:21 EST 2015

> On Jan 28, 2015, at 12:44 PM, Marcus Wellnitz <marcus at wellnitzfamily.de> wrote:

> Hello Cristian,
>
> just a hint (no ad'):
> We are using docbook for Network/Server documentation for a couple of years.
> for a better handling of DocBook files we use always "Serna-Free"
> XML-Editor for any human editing.
>
> It's a little bit tricky to understand how to use it but it's much
> better than Notepad ;-)

I tried out serna-free a couple of years ago the last time we had a general discussion about the documentation. It is a lot easier to use than editing the XML by hand if you're not used to it, but it stuffs the file full of extra elements saying that you used serna-free, and all of that noise has to be removed in order to make a reasonable patch.

Regards,
John Ralls