Bank statement import from website

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Jul 18 12:09:23 EDT 2015

> On Jul 18, 2015, at 6:57 AM, milanm <milan.m at valconusa.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
>    My company is working on asp.net website where user can add bank account
> details.
>    We want to implement one feature where user can download bank
> statements.
>    Do you provide any service/api through which we can import bank
> statements.
>
>    Please let me know if you have anything through which we implement the
> above feature.

Thank you for your interest in GnuCash.

GnuCash supports OFX DirectConnect via aqbanking (http://www.aquamaniac.de) and can import several standard financial file formats including QIF and OFX/QFX. There is no server implementation and since GnuCash is single-user and single-threaded writing one would be quite difficult.

GnuCash and most of its dependencies are licensed under the Free Software Foundation’s GNU General Public License (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.en.html), which might impact your ability to incorporate it into proprietary software. Be sure that your legal folks fully understand the implications before proceeding.

Regards,
John Ralls