Windows Build failure

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jul 20 10:22:00 EDT 2015

> On Jul 20, 2015, at 4:05 AM, Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> OK, deleted all folders in gcdev apart from the git ones and reran the vb script and then the install.sh file. This recompiled all dependencies and also gnucash.
>
> Tried to start it from the gcdev/gnucash/inst/bin/gnucash-launcher.cmd which failed as boost libraries was not in path.
> Added new path entry to cmd file and now it fails with a Runtime Error.
>
> Had a look at the Nightly Builds and the last one that installed and ran straight off was on 29/04/2015 and about says version 15a0d5d
>
> These have stopped building since the 19/06/2015.
>
> All other later builds install but fail to run as missing libboost_date_time.dll, thought I could copy the one I had created in gcdev/boost to the bin folder but that results in the Runtime Error.
>
> Not sure what else I can try.

Robert,

I did a build by hand last week after cleaning the build dir, which is what stopped the last automatic build. There hasn’t been a commit to master since to trigger a new automatic build.

I’m heading out of town for the week, so I won’t be able to look at the Windows runtime until the weekend.

Since there were completed builds in May and June I guess you mean that none of the bundles actually runs because libboost_date_time.dll isn’t in the bundle. I guess that’s not surprising except that I thought I’d set up the build of boost so that date_time would be header-only. That part should be easy to fix.

What’s the runtime error?

Regards,
John Ralls