Windows Build failure

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jul 27 15:59:28 EDT 2015

> On Jul 27, 2015, at 10:21 AM, Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> I have given it a try and it partially fixes the problem. Gnucash now builds OK but it still failed on startup. Just to make sure I created a setup.exe from the dist script and installed that which failed initially because it could not find the lib_boost_date.dll, these were in the lib directory but when I moved them to the bin directory Gnucash found the files and failed the same as from the build directory.
>
> Just to make sure it was not my XP build VM, I used the setup.exe on another XP VM and when I had moved the boost dll files, it started up just fine.
>
> Comparing the two, the one that worked had Time Zone 'GMT London' with DST ticked and the one that fails has 'GMT Monrovia/Reykjavik', swapping between the two allows it to run or fail.

Darn. I knew about putting the libs in the wrong place but forgot to commit the fix. Done now.

Ah, Liberia and Iceland are places that have the good sense not to use daylight time so the registry entry has 0 values for the transition times, and I’m not handling that correctly on Win32. Should be a straightforward fix.

Regards,
John Ralls