make fails on master

Alex Aycinena alex.aycinena at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 18:22:33 EDT 2015

John,

The config.log for the F21 system that builds properly does show CFLAGS as
-std=gnu99, but the config.log for the F22 system that doesn't build, shows
CFLAGS as -std=c11. I checked to make sure the configure.ac file on the F22
does have the 'ac_cv_cstd=gnu99' line that you had previously pushed and,
as expected, it does. When I re-run './autogen.sh', then switch to the
build directory and run 'configure', at the end it shows 'CFLAGS
............... : -g  -std=c11 -g'. I do not understand what causes the
difference. Doesn't autogen.sh use configure.ac to regenerate configure?
And wouldn't your change cause the CFLAGS to be set as on the F21 system?
Any guidance?

Thanks,

Alex