make fails on master

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Wed Jun 17 20:42:51 EDT 2015

> On Jun 17, 2015, at 4:03 PM, Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> John,
>
> I just noticed that in the configure.ac <http://configure.ac/> file, line 332 says 'ac_cv_cstd=gnu99' but line 336 says 'ac_cv_cstd=c11'. If I change line 336 locally to also say 'ac_cv_cstd=gnu99', then autogen.sh does regenerate configure with CFLAGS set to gnu99 and make, make-check and make-install all work on the F22 machine. Should that be changed on master, and, if so, will you do it? Or would you like me to do it?

Alex,

That check is there because certain versions of GLib require C11 because someone introduced a C11 feature into one of the header files. Ryan Lortie took that out a few weeks ago, so if GC is building OK then the version of GLib that F22 includes must be after Ryan’s commit or be patched to reflect it. I guess that means we need to use AC_COMPILE_IFELSE instead of simply checking the GLib version.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19641460/using-strdup-in-c11 <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19641460/using-strdup-in-c11> suggests that strdup isn’t part of C11 after all and that the correct solution is to use gnu11 instead of c11. Can you test that? If it works go ahead and push that change and I’ll do the compile check on the GLib header tomorrow.

Regards,
John Ralls