GnuCash XML sched-xaction split amount formatting

Wm wm+gnc at tarrcity.demon.co.uk
Fri May 1 13:28:45 EDT 2015

Thu, 30 Apr 2015 17:57:05
<269E0B83-186C-4755-876B-21ED3FE04992 at gmail.com>  Ngewi Fet
<ngewif at gmail.com>

>>> Oh, I didn't realize you were attempting to process the SXes in the
>>> Android app!!  That changes things; I just assumed you wanted to make
>>> sure you could read the GnuCash XML data and then re-write it back out
>>> again.
>>>
>>> *ponders*
>>>

>Yes indeed, we are parsing the scheduled transactions and generating
>any missed ones. Then we also maintain the schedule in the app as long
>as the file is loaded in the database.

This is screwing my idea of which prog is responsible for what in a
substantial way.  I thought GoA was just using the SX to note (say) a
bank account would be less $100 because of a regular payment rather than
processing it and passing it back to the host.

How do you deal with SX that have been generated twice?  The desktop
will just see the incoming transaction that GoA has generated as a new
unique meaning the transaction is recorded twice which isn't desirable.

>> More on topic though:
>> Ngewi, you write that you intend to generate the transactions when an SX
>> is due. Knowing that gnucash will also create these transactions,
>> independently from GoA when they are due, won't this cause duplicate
>> entries when importing back from GoA to gnucash on the desktop ?
>
>The scheduled transactions XML tracks things like the last run time,
>number of executions pending etc etc. We update all of that information
>as well.
>I assume GnuCash looks at this before deciding if and how many
>transactions to generate from the scheduled template. That way there
>will be no duplicates.
>But please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hmmmn.  I don't see how GoA can generate the same UID as the desktop
host for the purposes of saying ditto so I'm thinking duplicate
nightmare if they are both generating transactions.

Ngewi, how do you see the worklflow happening with a desktop master and
a GoA slave and SX being generated by both?

--
Wm...