Difficulty building on MacOSX

Mike Alexander mta at umich.edu
Tue May 5 20:08:17 EDT 2015

I'm having trouble building the X window version of Gnucash with the
recent changes to use Boost for data and time on MacOSX 10.10.3 with
XCode 6.3.1.  I've tried using both clang as provided by XCode and GCC
4.8 as provided by MacPorts and get similar failures.  In each case
either the first or second attempt to run guild as part of the make
fails with the error

*** error for object 0x7fa6a8413178: incorrect checksum for freed
object - object was probably modified after being freed.

This happens when some guile code (either unittest-support.scm or
core-utils.scm) tries to load a GnuCash extension which causes the
timezone tables to be initialized.  I've had at least two different
stack traces leading up to this failure.  An example of each is in
<https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wghtw6xnqv4ygc5/AACtTnDB1oKgSnFoD_E6zREAa?dl=0>.

I'll keep looking for this, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd like
to hear them.  Let me know if you want more information.

            Mike