build failure

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon May 11 20:07:52 EDT 2015

> On May 11, 2015, at 1:00 PM, Derek Atkins <derek at ihtfp.com> wrote:
>

> On Mon, May 11, 2015 3:35 pm, John Ralls wrote:
>>
> [snip]
>>> Hello John,
>>>
>>> it's boost 1.53.0 on openSUSE 13.1.
>>>

>> Please remember to copy the list on all replies.
>>
>> OK, well the fix was r84636, or
>> https://github.com/boostorg/date_time/commit/47c81a90335c1da15be02575456b65296f96946e,
>> titled “Merge fix for C++11 compilation error." Looks like it just missed
>> 1.54, so 1.55 is going to have to be the minimum.
>>
>> I’ve pushed the requisite change to configure.ac.
>
> That might be a problem..  Fedora 20 ships 1.54.  So we're saying no
> master on F20?  (I'll note that code is also running F20).

It turns out that F20 already has this fixed in their 1.54, but the fix is so simple that anyone should be able to do it, so I’ve pushed a commit that tests for the failure and suggests the fix, with the minimum version set at 1.53.

The catch is that I’m going on travel tomorrow and if it doesn’t work perfectly on some other system I won’t be able to do anything about it until next week.

Regards,
John Ralls