make error

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Oct 27 19:08:19 EDT 2015

> On Oct 27, 2015, at 1:28 PM, Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I get the following error on make with this mornings update:
>
> /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean/src/gnome/dialog-commodities.c:
> In function 'remove_clicked':
> /home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean/src/gnome/dialog-commodities.c:200:19:
> error: 'prices' may be used uninitialized in this function
> [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
>         for (node = prices; node; node = node->next)
>                   ^
> cc1: all warnings being treated as errors
> Makefile:826: recipe for target 'dialog-commodities.lo' failed
> make[4]: *** [dialog-commodities.lo] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory
> '/home/gnucash-dev/gitcheckouts/gnucash-clean-build/src/gnome'
> Makefile:887: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
> make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Drat. I didn’t see that price was used later on. Fixed in maint, I’ll merge that to master soon…

But first I went to look to see why I didn’t get the error. That’s a pretty important one, obviously. Turns out that we rely on GNOME_COMPILER_WARNINGS to set that, and those results are either getting lost or never integrated into CFLAGS. I’ve yet to determine whether it’s just my build environment or a change in Gnome. I’ll merge to master after I get *that* sorted.

Regards,
John Ralls