GnuCash Development Visualization - 2015 edition

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Sep 26 11:17:00 EDT 2015

Hi Folks,

As it's been about 5 years since I created a visualization of the gnucash development history in
svn, I thought it was time to bring an updated version.

The result can be found here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvjA1DjPEm8

It's a video created with gource. This is a tool that interprets all commits to a source repository
and then visualizes the evolution of the software based on these changes and who made them.

It's fun to watch the source tree develop like a flower. I particularly like the last year and a half:
that's where we migrated to git. One big advantage is that from now on you can really see who
committed what. Before this switch only the names of people with commit access appear
(those people also committed patches by people without commit access). So the flock of (code)
contributors is much more realistic now.

The video takes about 9 minutes. Feel free to skip parts if it becomes too long :)

Other than that: enjoy !

Geert