Online banking

Paul Tirk paultirk at paultirk.com
Mon Sep 28 04:00:23 EDT 2015

Dear Christian,

I understand your point, but I am not actually trying to scrape a
webpage but rather using an existing API of the bank to return the
transactions in JSON format.

In a perfect world, there would be a global standard for everyone but
unfortunately in Europe banks and financial institutions seem not to be
interested to provide such a interface for the end user (except HBCI in
Germany, in Austria the discussion about this is already going on for at
least 10 years and it seems impossible to get closer to a solution).
Instead I have the impression that they are trying to abandon all
efforts on this and force the user/client to use their proprietary
programs/interfaces.

But as John pointed out, I will have a look at the import-export source
and create a plugin for that, maybe it can be useful to others later.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Paul