Online banking

Bob Gustafson bobgus at rcn.com
Mon Sep 28 07:07:18 EDT 2015

I would second that recommendation.

A web scraper solution is captive to any random changes that the bank
makes to its website - incurring a need to work on your parser before it
'works' again.

Changes to bank web sites seem to come at the worst possible moment in
terms of your own (developer) workload.

Even if a bank allows transaction downloads in various different formats
(MT940, CSV(??),CAMT,..) the standards of individual banks and
individual accounts can change over time (character set, whether to use
UE or u-umlaut, all upper case vs upper/lower). Misspelling of names and
other user-entered data is sometimes an unavoidable complication.

Data input is a complicated  game.

Have fun

Bob G