GnuCash Development Visualization - 2015 edition

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Sep 28 11:00:49 EDT 2015

> On Sep 28, 2015, at 6:35 AM, Aaron Laws <dartme18 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
>> wrote:

> The video takes about 9 minutes. Feel free to skip parts if it becomes too
>> long :)
>>
>> Other than that: enjoy !
>>
>> Geert
>>

> Thanks for sharing; this is really cool!
>
> It took me a while, but I've decided that this must just be tracking
> development on the Maint branch? Or at least it's only one branch, and each
> dot is a file. Perhaps the color of the file correlates to how many times
> it was touched? So those radioactive ones on the lower right at the end are
> QOF? ^_^
>
> I watched the whole video thinking that maybe each dot was a commit and
> each clump of dots was a branch.

The arcs between nodes are labeled with the corresponding directories when they’re being changed. Freeze it at 8:54 and you can see that the red blob of the lower right is the account templates and that the larger star in the center is src, with libqof a little below it. Full-screen makes it a lot easier to read.

Geert’s blurb says it’s master.

Regards,
John Ralls