Documentation translators: Changed para in ch_oview

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Aug 9 10:15:45 EDT 2016

> On Aug 9, 2016, at 4:59 AM, David T. via gnucash-devel <gnucash-devel at gnucash.org> wrote:
>
> As for the modification that Frank is offering, I will note that there is a bug that I filed in bugzilla (743672) proposing that this section be moved in its entirety to an appendix. Perhaps now would be the time to consider that bug? I don’t see the point of having the What’s new section in a section promoting the features of GnuCash to a new user.

Since we're well past halfway through the 2.6 lifetime perhaps we should just delete that section entirely.

We have a Japanese translation frozen at somewhere mid-2.4 and now an Italian translation frozen at 2.6.1. We should avoid having anything that "dates" the text like a "what's new in..." section. It will look pretty dumb in early 2018 when we release 2.8.0 to have "what's new in 2.6" in the Italian translation. I hope that there's nothing like that in the Japanese translation.

Regards,
John Ralls