Documentation translators: Changed para in ch_oview

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 03:37:34 EDT 2016

HI,

Am 10.08.2016 um 18:29 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> And I can't tell why Frank chose to push this commit rather than following your suggestion in
> bug 743672. He can explain that himself if he cares to. By the way, I believe you were on the
> right track and agree even more with John we should remove this section completely as it
> tends to outdate the documentation.

Background:
One of my primary tasks here: check consistency of
a) wiki
b) documentation
c) translation - as far as I am able
I dislike outdated links.

This changset started on 2015-12-31 with
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/index.php?title=Documentation_Release_Process&diff=next&oldid=11987
2016-06-25: ... &diff=next&oldid=12212

In between I had no time and your suggestion in bug 743672 - Move What's
New Sections in Chapter 1 of Guide to Appendix - is not in conflict with
my approach to fix links.

When I had time again, I found out that the context on both sides of the
link had changed since Yawar made him. For version 2.2 he referred a
table with release announcements, which moved in the subpage Archive.
So I replaced the link, before I had forgotten the whole complex again.

In most cases I open a bug or ask on the respective list, before I
change something. But if I e.g. get notice of an ammendment by the ISO
about currencies, I apply a patch directly on the sources.
I didn't expect, fixing a broken link would start such a discussion.

And just to remember, David, I invited you - and everybody else interested:
Put notes in the wiki, where problems are to understand something or
execute instructions.

http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Special:RecentChanges is usually my
starting point when I have time for GnuCash.

Regards
Frank