Suggestions for multi-user / multi-device finance manager software?

Ngewi Fet ngewif at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 16:10:18 EDT 2016

On Wed, Aug 10, 2016 at 2:20 PM, Christian Stimming <christian at cstimming.de>
wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I tried gnucash-on-android for quite some time, using this App as
> data-entering app and importing the data into desktop gnucash regularly.
> However, this extra step of importing a file into gnucash sucks.
> Theoretically, this might work if at least the gnucash-on-android app has
> the identical account frame so that the entered transactions can be
> imported without any extra double-checking on the gnucash side. But to my
> knowledge this is not implemented and I will always have to run the
> import-dialog on the gnucash side to ensure the correct other accounts are
> chosen, but this dialog sucks.

It is not as seamless as you require, but I just wanted to point that if
you import your desktop account structure into the app first, your app
exports should import seamlessly into GnuCash desktop.

The points you raise about multi device usage are valid ones, ones which
are working towards solving, albeit slowly. I hope you find something that
meets your needs in the meantime.

Regards,
Ngewi