Master - saving to xml broken

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Sat Dec 3 10:34:13 EST 2016

Op vrijdag 2 december 2016 14:30:19 CET schreef John Ralls:
> > On Dec 2, 2016, at 12:53 PM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
> >> On Dec 2, 2016, at 12:47 PM, Robert Fewell <14ubobit at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> Just built master from
> >> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/dd4b8a104d0f7ad2205407e8bf10fee
> >> c364c8127 and I still do not see the errors Geert is having. Added a
> >> Customer and a Vendor and still only have one of each.
> >
> > Bob,
> >
> > Yes, I'm also not yet able to reproduce the duplicate vendor issue. Geert
> > mentioned on IRC that he's using Fedora-25 so I'm building a new VM with
> > that to test.
> I can't reproduce it on Fedora-25 either.
>
> The save problems and crashes on master I *can* reproduce, so I'm working on
> that.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

John,

I  can confirm your commits fix the save problems and crashes. Thanks.

As I appear to be the only one experiencing the other part of duplicate
objects, I am digging further locally.

Using gdb, I found that all non-core objects are registered twice.
Once they are registered as part of loading the app-utils module, which in
turn loads the engine module which then loads the business modules.

The second time they are loaded because the python bindings load the engine
module, triggering loading of the business modules again apparently.

I have no idea (yet) why this didn't happen before the backend rewrite was
merged back in.

I suppose none of you have the python bindings enabled, which would explain
why only I'm seeing this.

Geert