Master - saving to xml broken

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Dec 3 15:52:25 EST 2016

> On Dec 3, 2016, at 9:38 AM, Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
>
> Op zaterdag 3 december 2016 18:32:44 CET schreef Geert Janssens:

>>> Open Q: has anyone tried this on Win where the python stuff is known not
>>> to work?
>>>
>>> I think python is red herring in this for me and agree there are (at
>>> least) two issues
>>
>> No, python is not a red herring here. This thread is becoming increasingly
>> confusing because I report many different issues at once.
>>
>> There were the save failure and crash which John fixed yesterday.
>> There is still the issue of all commodities being saved instead of only
>> those that are actually in use.
>> And there's the one I alone was seeing (business ojbects being saved twice
>> resulting in a corrupt xml file). This last one only appeared when gnucash
>> is built with python bindings and I have just pushed a fix for a a couple
>> of minutes ago.
>>
>> So the only thing left is the abundance of commodities being saved by xml.
>>
> And I should have added that this indeed probably doesn't have anything to do
> with the python bindings. So we can ignore those again from now on :)

I found it. When I abstracted KVP to make it private-ish to QofInstance I removed some tests in the course of changing kvp_frame_to_dom_tree() into qof_instance_slots_to_dom_tree() with the result that it returns an empty element instead of nullptr on the currencies so that the commodity gets saved when it shouldn't.

Regards,
John Ralls