Recommended Change to Author LIsting in Documentation

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 15 08:38:51 EST 2016

> On Dec 15, 2016, at 9:18 AM, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>
> David,
>
> Do you think making the support page "Preface" material--so that it comes either just before or just after "About the Author" might make it more prominent?
>
> As for the copyright stuff, yeah, it gets pretty involved. I know a bit about it only becaus

John,

The About the Author page, when rendered in print, appears after the table of contents (all 8 pages of it). When rendered online, it gets buried in “About this document”.

Neither of these solutions is all that likely to be seen by the panicked new user who needs a desperate question answered quickly. However, I see that there are numerous spots both online and in the docs that point people to the lists, so it is clear that those who have made these misguided cries for help have done so despite the many recommendations to the contrary. Given all that, perhaps it is enough to have removed the email addresses for the doc contributors. Without those prominent points of contact, users will (one hopes) avail themselves of the lists, as instructed on the main gnucash.org  page, and in the Guide.

I am open to other ideas…

David