Image size for PDF documentation

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Tue Feb 16 10:31:24 EST 2016

On Tuesday 16 February 2016 15:21:15 Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I build all the documentation for GC guide but the PDF images are
> awfully big (please see attachment), while all the others are normal.
>
> I used the regular tools, autogen, configure --with-mobi and then make
> pdf. Did I forget something?
>
> Thank you in advance,
> Pedro.

This usually means your images are saved in the wrong resolution (typically the default
resolution of 72 dpi). This is fine for the html version of the documentation.

The printable documentation however requires your images to have physical dimension
information encapsulated. Most image manipulation programs allow you to alter this, either
by directly specifying the print size for the image, or indirectly by specifying a resolution in dpi
(dots per inch).

The relation between pixel size, resolution and print size is this:
print_size (in inch) = pixel_size / resolution (in dpi)

Does this help ?

Regards,

Geert