Guide Documentation

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sat Feb 27 17:52:27 EST 2016

> On Feb 26, 2016, at 1:56 PM, Pedro Albuquerque <palbuquerque73 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> since reports documentation is not really available, here is an idea.
>
> I think it can be consensual that reports should have a dedicated
> section, since they affect both business and personal finances, and are
> the only way to keep our accountants happy  ;-) .
>
> So, I used the existing ch_reports.xml as base and:
>
> 1 - Divided it, because it seemed to me that a single file for all
> reports documentation would be to big. There isn't any logical reason
> for this split.
> 2 - The split is based on the Reports Menu it self. Apart the general
> concepts, there is a file for each sub-menu and one for the general
> menu.
> 3 - Another file/section could be created for the How-to's, or they
> could be integrated in the Example section.
> 4 - I used the existing tables and expanded them to the list of
> available reports.
> 5 - I did not create anything, except some links between tables and
> files, and the screenshots, and even those would have to be EXIF cleaned
> and size adjusted.
> 6 - Nothing is finished nor complete. I used Accounts Summary Report as
> the only example to illustrate my idea.
>
> 7 - I didn't use git patch because I wouldn't know how. Please forgive
> my ignorance, but this way is easier for me, and probably for you
> developers.
> I think I've made my fair share of git mistakes for you to endure with.
>
> As said before, I'm available to help, but never to create unnecessary
> discussions. It's just an idea, please do completely disregard it if it
> is not in line with the roadmap or any other existing guidelines. Since
> it was accepted within my translation (to be changed, if needed), here
> is the English version with one single not pt translated example.
>
> Regards,
> Pedro.
>
> P.S.: my github fork is updated, I think, so the files should be also
> available there.

Pedro,

Thanks. I made one inline comment on your last "Still the make Check" commit; with that fixed your Portuguese translation can be merged.

Unfortunately the C part fails make check, largely due to the same sort of sect2 problems.

I'm afraid I don't understand what you're trying to convey in the tables. Could you explain that please?

Regards,
John Ralls