GnuCash 2.6.11, Yosemite, and Gatekeeper

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Feb 29 22:59:38 EST 2016

> On Feb 29, 2016, at 5:04 PM, David T. <sunfish62 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> I finally got around to downloading and installing 2.6.11 for Mac OS X, and I ran into troubles with Gatekeeper. Basically, Gatekeeper fired up a Verifying GnuCash.app dialog that would not go away, even after GnuCash had fully started up. Clicking the cancel button caused GnuCash to close out altogether.
>
> I had to temporarily disable Gatekeeper so that I could get the older “This application is from an unknown developer dialog.” and click through in order to clear this up. This is apparently a known issue with non-Apple programs, but I thought that John had cleared the issue up somehow. I figured I should pass along the information in case there is a better workaround.

I thought that I'd cleared it up, too. Try opening terminal and running
  codesign -vvd /Path/to/Gnucash.app

You should get
Executable=/Path/to/Gnucash.app/Contents/MacOS/Gnucash
Identifier=org.gnucash.Gnucash
Format=bundle with generic
CodeDirectory v=20200 size=163 flags=0x0(none) hashes=1+3 location=embedded
Signature size=8545
Authority=Developer ID Application: John D Ralls
Authority=Developer ID Certification Authority
Authority=Apple Root CA
Timestamp=Jan 10, 2016, 9:07:57 PM
Info.plist entries=17
TeamIdentifier=Y9EHT5WMK7
Sealed Resources version=2 rules=12 files=4330
Internal requirements count=1 size=180

and with
  codesign -vvd /Path/to/Gnucash.app

you should get
  path/to/Gnucash.app/: valid on disk
  path/to/Gnucash.app/: satisfies its Designated Requirement

You can usually get GateKeeper to shut up by control-clicking on the app and selecting "open".

Regards,
John Ralls