Flickering drop down boxes on mouse over

Mike Evans mikee at saxicola.co.uk
Tue Jan 12 10:10:16 EST 2016

On Tue, 12 Jan 2016 12:42:02 +0100
Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

> On Wednesday 30 December 2015 13:14:09 Mike Evans wrote:
> > On Wed, 30 Dec 2015 09:40:48 +0100
> >
> > Geert Janssens <geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:

> > > I only got to testing this now.
> > >
> > > I'm seeing this as well on Fedora 22, 64bit.
> > >
> > > I never noticed this before because I'm usually using keyboard
> > > navigation in the register views.
> > >
> > > Geert
> >
> > It appears this is related to display settings in KDE, at least in my
> > case it is.  Logging out and in using the failsafe options, in which
> > I just get an xterm, GnuCash doesn't have this issue. Neither does my
> > laptop running PCLinuxOS and KDE.
> >
> > I'm just remembering that some months ago KDE screwed up my settings
> > (again) amongst the issues was the disappearance lots of icons. My
> > usual recovery method is deleting .kde directory and starting again.
> > I'm thinking that this is about the time the trouble started. I also
> > note that the button to activate the dropdown is round not square
> > like it used to be and on my laptop. Somewhere in my
> > settings/themes/appearance setup there's probably a way to bring some
> > sanity back to the desktop settings. Somewhere...
> >
> > Mike E
>
> If you find it, please share on the list so I can fix it here as well :)
>
> Geert

Hi Geert, Happy new year.

I never fixed it. Except I did change my desktop to Xfce and there's no more flickering. Not really fix though. I will say Kfce is a lot faster and uses less memory than KDE.  I've not missed any of KDE's bells & whistles at all.
I got my icons back by: yum reinstall hicolor-icon-theme . I've no idea as to how they got screwed up though and was likely not connected to the flickering issue at all.

Mike

--
PGP key:
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x00CDB13500D7AB53