Bug 739571 - Matching imported transactions doesn't indicate previously matched entries

Tracy tracy at arisiasoft.com
Sun Jan 24 19:42:42 EST 2016

On 1/24/2016 00:28, John Ralls wrote:
>> Or display an indicator showing that it has been previously matched (in case someone wants or needs to match two imported transactions to the same existing register transaction)….
> Can you explain that a bit more? Under what circumstance would multiple transactions at your bank would be reflected as a single one in your book?

Generally speaking, I would say that there isn't a reason. However, I
mentioned it for two reasons - the first one is that the software
currently allows this; the second one is that I had a problem with my
bank recently - they duplicated a days' worth of transactions, then,
instead of reversing the duplicates, they posted matching credits. Being
able to match the duplicated transactions, the matching credits, and the
original transactions all to the same register transaction just seems
cleaner to me than entering all the duplicates and the matching credits,
as none of those transactions actually existed anyway.....