Invoices

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Mon Jun 6 04:32:17 EDT 2016

On Sunday 05 June 2016 19:41:42 Mechtilde wrote:
> Hello John,
>
> I tied to customize an invoice. It should fit the German standard
> (DIN) for letters.
>
> So I want to create a template and then to describe how other people
> can customize it to fit their individual needs.
>
> So I have to go to all that inforamtions and ...wie will see.
>
> Regards
>
> Mechtilde

Mechtilde,

Alternatively you can try to work from the taxinvoice instead.

This invoice report is different from the other invoice reports in that it is styled using css and
does not use the style settings under
Edit->Style Sheets.

Altering the css style sheet used by this invoice will allow you to move arount most fields on
the invoice. It won't allow you to add new dynamic data to the report though.

You will find the default css file used by the tax invoice here:
src/report/business-reports/taxinvoice.css (source)

/usr/share/gnucash/scm/gnucash/report/taxinvoice.css (installed)

You can make a copy of this file somewhere else to experiment. In the taxinvoice options you
can specify which css file you wish to use for this report.

Regards,

Geert