Developing a version for our region with transactional and other features - local languages included ...

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 6 09:56:12 EDT 2016

> On Jun 5, 2016, at 7:16 PM, KP <kp at isonomyus.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Friends
>

> Trust all is well and hope you have received the previous mail below.
> Kindly respond soon.  Thanks and regards.
>

> KP
> US Mobile +1-949-378-5775

All of that would be fine except for the selling part. GnuCash is licensed exclusively under the GNU Public License, version 2 or later, and the provisions of that license extend to any derivative work. You'll have to give away the source code to your product.

But all is not lost: Many companies have built successful businesses by selling support to open-source software: The largest and best known is Red Hat, Inc. I suggest that you study their business model as a possible one for yourselves.

Regards,
John Ralls