Transaction Posted Time

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jun 20 13:54:58 EDT 2016

> On Jun 20, 2016, at 10:48 AM, Alex Aycinena <alex.aycinena at gmail.com> wrote:
> I also don't see any realistic use case for ever displaying or making the
> time editable. But there is that back-ward compatibility issue. So your
> solution seems like a sensible compromise step for the current series. For
> the next major series I think we should dump the time and treat it like
> other new features (i.e., older releases won't load the file if it has been
> written by a later release and the user gets an explanation).

Alex,

That's not our policy and hasn't been for a long time. Our policy is that when we make a file-compatibility change the previous version should be able to read what the new version writes. This is an important safety feature for our users in case a new version has a serious bug that would require the user to revert to the old one.

Regards,
John Ralls