GnuCash 2.6.11, Yosemite, and Gatekeeper

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 17:08:14 EST 2016

OK, John, that first codesign command yields the same info for me as you have here; your second command is the same as the first, so I can’t verify the second result.

As for the control-click workaround, I don’t know whether OS X has changed something recently or what, but it didn’t work. OS X just puts the same “Verifying” dialog (it also fires up the CPU something fierce!).

I have never seen this dialog

before (despite having installed many non-Appstore programs on this Mac), which suggests to that Apple changed something. The only way I was able to get the Ignore and load anyway dialog was to go in to System Preferences and change Gatekeeper to allow apps from anywhere, Control-Click the icon and open from there. Then I got the Ignore dialog, got GnuCash to load, and passed through the Gatekeeper from Hell. And, yes, GnuCash now loads without trouble, even though I reset GateKeeper to install only AppStore and known developer apps.

David