Still worth to look more deeply into Scheme?

Carsten Rinke carsten.rinke at gmx.de
Sun Mar 6 09:08:57 EST 2016

Hi there,

after quite some time I started to recap on the activities that I had
followed up.

Part of these were improvements on reports, mostly minor things like
overlapping x-axis or introduction of line charts.

When coming to the line charts I came across the implementation of the
networth charts.
My first impression is that these hint at a more modularized utilization
of chart reports as this is implemented today.

I could think in the direction of working out a proposal for something
more complex.

But is it still worth it?
Background to this question is that lately I read that scheme is
considered clumsy and old-fashioned, so it should be take out of the
project, replaced by something modern, maybe python.
If that is the case, I would stick to tiny improvements here and there
that might make life a bit easier until the modernization has taken place.

What is the roadmap for replacing scheme with something else?
Will it be part of the C++ transition work, so it might be available
around 2018?

Kind regards,
Carsten