Reports: Utilization of urls

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:37:53 EST 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 12:10 AM, Carsten Rinke <carsten.rinke at gmx.de> wrote:

> when trying to introduce line charts to all graphical reports I run into
> the effect, that warnings are thrown in the area of setting up urls for the
> charts.
>
> I think that is to make the charts interactive, so you can click on lines
> and bars or account names in the legend to open the corresponding account
> registers.
>
> With the introduction of jqplot these kind of url utilization is not
> supported anymore (at least, I did not find support for it in the jqplot
> pages).

I haven't tinkered with jqplot, but it seems like something it should be
able to do.

I discovered there's a jqplotDataClick binding method (in the plugins for
many of the graph types):

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19487717/jqplot-how-to-make-bar-graph-clickable-that-links-to-another-page

I didn't find the method in the documentation, it is in jqPlot's code and
examples:

https://github.com/jqPlot/jqPlot/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=jqplotDataClick&type=Code

And you'll see it in the comments for the plugins. For example:

http://www.jqplot.com/docs/files/plugins/jqplot-pieRenderer-js.html

An alternative option I found is inserting html into label text:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14799759/jqplot-link-in-legend